IAPA Scholarship Opportunities
Each year, IAPA proudly offers an opportunity for PA students to receive the IAPA Outstanding PA Student Scholarship. IAPA offers five scholarships a year, and all applications are reviewed by the IAPA Awards Committee. that will select 5 finalists. All applicants are recognized at the IAPA Fall CME conference during the membership meeting. The five finalists will be notified two weeks prior to the conference, and are encourage to attend the student day of the conference to be publicly recognized by IAPA leadership. All finalists receive both the monetary scholarship and a framed certificate.
Minimum requirements for application as follows:
1. Curent membership in IAPA
2. GPA 3.3 or better in professional PA program
3. Completion of one semester of PA Program
4. Leadership and service to the PA profession within Indiana
5. Validation from program director that student is in good standing at the University and meets minimum GPA. Validation will be conducted by the IAPA.
Submissions will be accepted from July 1- August 31st. Interested students should submit a written application to: Indianapas@affinnity-strategies.com for consideration. ALL applications MUST include the following information:
1. Contact information (Name, email, phone number)
2. Physician assistant program attending
3. Current GPA
4. List of leadership and service activities to the PA profession
5. A 500 maximum word essay elaborating on your leadership and service to the PA profession, as well as your academic success
All applications will be forwarded to the IAPA Awards Committee who will select 5 finalists. All applications will have the names, GPAs, and program information redacted prior to submission to the committee for discussion. The Board will determine the winner and runner-up from the 5 finalists.
All applicants will be recognized at the Fall CME conference during the membership meeting. The 5 finalists will be notified 2 weeks prior to conference and encouraged to attend the student day of conference where the winners will be announced at the members meeting. All finalists will receive a framed certificate. The winner and runner-up will both receive monetary prizes.