Membership Committee | Chair: Sophie Mouser
- Recruit and retain membership.
- Develop a plan and oversee coordination of coordinate an annual membership drive to increase IAPA membership.
- Oversee development of any membership recruitment materials develop a membership brochure.
- Promote PA student membership.
- Write articles for the IAPA newsletter promoting membership benefits, volunteer opportunities, and/or summarizing committee activities.
Legislative Committee | Chair: Courtney Doran
- Promote legislation, legislative activities, and ideas that enhance the utilization and practice of PAs in Indiana.
- Provide timely information to PAs on legislative issues affecting physician assistant practice in Indiana.
- Provide representation and expertise on legislative issues that affect PA practice.
- Promote collaborative relationships with legislators, professional groups, and organizations important to the success of IAPA’s legislative interests.
- Serve as IAPA’s primary source for practice-related problems, questions, and solutions.
- Maintain relationships with other health care organizations, associations, academies, third-party payers, and governmental bodies, such as the Indiana State Department of Health.
- Maintain a relationship with the Indiana Rural Health Association.
- Promote strategic alliances with key organizations in rural or urban communities.
- Coordinate the crafting of new PA legislation and/or modification of current legislation affecting PA practice.
- Work closely with the IAPA lobbyist and legal counsel.
- Write articles for the IAPA newsletter regularly updating the PA constituency and membership on legislative or PA practice issues.
- Chair shall act as the primary liaison between the state and federal legislature and the related constituency.
Public Relations and Communications Committee | Chair: Courtney Sullenberger
- Maintain familiarity with AAPA Public Relation resources and utilize as needed to meet the committee’s charges as presented.
- Develop programs and initiatives to advance the PA profession within the state.
- Act as liaison between the BOD, the media, and other identified audiences at the discretion of the BOD.
- Develop and oversee distribution of public service announcements and/or press releases wherever appropriate.
- Develop, promote, coordinate, and supervise PA week activities throughout the state.
- Make policy recommendations concerning development of public education and public relations activities to the BOD when appropriate.
- Compose articles for the IAPA newsletter regarding public education topics and committee activities.
- Oversee production of the IAPA newsletter, the IAPA Herald.
- Write articles and recruit articles and photos from proper board members, committee members, and PA members for the IAPA newsletter.
- Take photos of IAPA activities for publication in the IAPA newsletter.
- Make recommendations concerning website updates and improvements to the BOD and the administrator.
- Chair shall serve as chief editor of the IAPA newsletter.
CME Committee | Co-Chair: Daniel Sturm / Co-Chair: Chris Roman
- Provide a minimum of 20 hours of category I CME annually.
- Provide annual and/or biannual CME programs that are affordable, timely, convenient, and cost effective.
- Coordinate all continuing medical education (CME) conferences for the IAPA, in conjunction with administrator.
- Assist in recruiting companies interested in sponsoring speakers for all IAPA CME conferences.
- Assist in recruiting exhibitors for all IAPA CME conferences.
- In consultation with the BOD, determine the location of all IAPA CME conferences.
- Develop and coordinate a speakers list for all IAPA CME conferences.
- Oversee development of advertisement brochures and registration documents for all IAPA CME conferences.
- Ensure submission of CME approval to the AAPA prior to all IAPA CME conferences.
Scholarship & Awards Committee | Co-Chair: Jennifer Zorn / Co-Chair: Heather Harris
- Oversee the process of awarding the IAPA Outstanding Physician Assistant Student Scholarship as well as the Outstanding PA Award.
- Promote the scholarship/awards to appropriate groups to encourage applications & nominations.
- Collect the applications for the Outstanding PA Student Scholarship & review to develop the top two applicants to be put forth to the Board.
- Collect the nominations for the Outstanding PA Award and present to the Board for voting.
- Assist in coordination of the IAPA Silent Auction to benefit the student scholarship/award.
- Coordinate purchasing the awards to be delivered, such as certificates, plaques, or other such awards.
Reimbursement Committee | Chair: Jerry Parsons
- Maintain a relationship with the AAPA’s Health Systems and Reimbursement Policy department.
- Maintain relationships with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payers.
- Be aware of current reimbursement legislation and/or policies concerning Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payers.
- Make policy and legislative recommendations to the BOD, when appropriate.
- Write articles for the IAPA newsletter on reimbursement issues and committee activities.
- Chair shall serve as the primary contact for the IAPA concerning third-party payers.