The Indiana Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA) is a steadily growing non-profit organization. IAPA was founded in 1974 and our vision is the same now as it was then – "IAPA shall be the definitive and authoritative representative for the physician assistant profession in Indiana. It shall foster enhanced practice environments for physician assistants and support on-going professional development and intellectual enrichment. IAPA shall promote quality healthcare that is cost-effective and accessible in the state of Indiana. IAPA strives to be a representative of all physician assistants within the State of Indiana."
IAPA is an officially recognized state chapter of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA). IAPA membership benefits include:
- A national office for the coordination and support of the association, member activities, and business management.
- Online membership directory.
- Subscription to the quarterly newsletter, The IAPA Herald, published to facilitate the exchange of information, the sharing of employment opportunities, and as a forum for PAs on relevant issues in Indiana.
- Information regarding continuing medical education opportunities in Indiana.
- Lobbying for the PA profession to the Indiana Assembly.
- Representation at the American Academy of Physician Assistants House of Delegates, the policy making body of the Academy.
- Annual membership meetings.
- Electronic updates on CME, job opportunities, and relevant issues.
IAPA membership dues are $110 for fellows, associates, affiliates; and a one time $20 fee until graduation for students. Click here to join online.
We ask all members to update their address, phone number, and e-mail information as it changes. For more information, or to update your membership information, please log in using your e-mail address and password.